5 gruesome cleaning problems – solved!
Autumn has arrived, spooky season is looming and if there’s anything scarier than horror movies, clowns roaming the street and ghosts, it’s those dreaded, grimy cleaning problems that you just can’t find the answer to.
But we don’t want gruesome cleaning jobs to ruin your month. So, we’re here to help you tackle those problematic chores in the easiest way possible:
· A greasy hob: No one wants to confront a tough, greasy, stained hob which is why it’s best to clean up the mess as soon as it’s made rather than letting it build up. To cut through the grease, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda onto your stove, slice a lemon in half and rub one half across the stove in a circular motion. The baking soda and lemon will form a scrubbing paste, so continue scrubbing the stove until you can wipe away the grease with a damp sponge.
· Hair-clogged shower: There’s nothing worse (and ghastlier) than your shower singing session being interrupted by a hair-clogged drain. The solution? The trusty and powerful combination of bicarbonate of soda and vinegar! Just pour a cup of baking soda down the drain and add a cup of vinegar a few minutes after. Let the mixture work its magic over a few hours and then rinse it away using boiling hot water.
· Mould on your bathroom tiles: Sticking with the shower theme, grout mould really puts a downer on your bathroom’s aesthetic and it can be difficult to remove. We recommended using a strong spray cleaning solution such as Borax and a toothbrush to scrub away the mould from even the tightest of corners.
· Stubborn toilet stains: No matter how hard you scrub, those pesky toilet stains sometimes just won’t budge! With a simple lemon juice and essential oils mixture you can kill two birds with one stone by cutting through the stains and calcium build-up and making your toilet bowl smell fresher than ever.
Just add one cup of lemon juice mixed with 10-15 drops of essential oils into a spray bottle and spray over the entire toilet bowl. Scrub thoroughly for a few minutes and then leave it to soak for 15 minutes before flushing away.
· Washing machine grime: For an appliance that’s purpose is to clean, washing machines can get extremely dirty due to a build-up of laundry detergent and grime from our clothes. To clean your machine, set it to the hottest cycle with no clothes in it and apply 230ml of white vinegar into the drum. The vinegar will help kill the bacteria and eliminate any bad odours your washing machine is passing on to your clothes.